Administrative Assistant - Berlin
At Silence Therapeutics Plc we specialise in gene silencing that cures diseases and fundamentally changes lives.
We are developing a new generation of medicines by harnessing the body’s natural mechanism of RNA interference (RNAi) within its cells. Our proprietary technology can selectively inhibit any gene in the genome, specifically silencing the production of disease-causing proteins. Research in RNAi has been progressing over the past 20 years, achieving Nobel Prize recognition in 2006, and can now be seen to be transitioning from the experimental realm into the clinical.
Silence Therapeutics is entering an exciting stage of growth, both in the UK and internationally in the US. It is not often as a Head of Drug Product Manufacturing that you get an opportunity to be part of an emerging field like this that will make an impact on medicine forever.
To provide planning, professional administrative support including archiving of the highest standard to the Head of Berlin Site, department heads, patent/legal department & others, enabling them to operate with maximum effectiveness and contribute to the effective day-to-day running of the whole site.
This position is a full time position working at our Berlin site. It is to provide Administrative support to the Head of Site and other colleagues where needed. It is a varied role in a multicultural environment.
- Photocopy, and opening and distributing of post
- Order of different office supplies to guarantee daily routine within the company
- Contact Person for Facility activities including cleaning
- Screen and respond to queries/phone calls
- Maintain visitors log
- Arrange meetings and prepare refreshments
- Make sure all supplier invoices for site are received and sent to finance in a timely manner
- Manage GmbH accounting email address/inbox.
- Answer German suppliers’ queries
- Help translate correspondence in German into English
- Communicate with German authorities as needed
- Manage ST GmbH correspondence
- Scan invoices and save in bookkeeping folder
- Review and approve invoices for office supplies
- Communicate with payroll provider as needed
- Assist patent/legal attorney with admin tasks
- Assist and support other areas of the business as and when necessary
- Back-up for executive assistant during leave/vacation
The Administrative Assistant will be able to demonstrate the following competencies and behaviours:
- Previous office administration experience is essential
- Good administrative skills including understanding of invoicing is essential.
- Previous use of Microsoft office package is essential
- Holds a passion for collaborative working, building relationships and excellent stakeholder management experience
- Clear affiliation with our vision and values, and a true ambassador of our organisation
- Proactive self-starter with a hunger to apply their knowledge to a high growth company
- Fluent in German
- Solid understanding and use of English is essential
Our mission is to continue to build Silence as a global leader in RNAi therapeutics, where our technology can create a new generation of approaches to address unmet medical needs and improve the outcomes for patients. Making a difference to people’s lives is at the heart of what we do, and this is no different when it comes to our employees.
We offer a vibrant culture and environment where employees are encouraged to bring their innovation and creativity. Small, dynamic, with slick decision making and unencumbered by bureaucracy, we recognise contributions wherever they are made within the team.
Our values - working collaboratively to create value, holding ourselves accountable for delivering results, and seeking out opportunities to develop ourselves, run through everything we do. We should also mention that we have a lot of fun on the way, fully embracing the diverse mix of talented professionals we employ.
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ workplace in both Germany and the UK. This recognition demonstrates our commitment to creating a rewarding environment for our exceptional staff to thrive. We invest heavily in our staff and offer a vibrant culture where innovation and creativity are encouraged.